The BEC Board has been upgraded to the V1.1 version. With the new version, we don’t need to use 2 shims when assembling the BEC board on the GoPro motherboard, which can solve the problem that the two interfaces may loose when locked.
We did found the issue in our BETA TEST version that it may cause the FC or GoPro mainboard to burn out when the 3-pins power cables plugged in when powering on. Special thanks to Guido Fabbrini reminding us of the risk. After lots of tests and troubleshooting, we totally had solved this issue before we released the BEC board V1.0.
So pilots who received the V1.0 version please don’t worry, V1.0 version is totally safe.
This BEC board fits for GoPro HERO6 and HERO7 Black. But NOT for HERO8.
Many thanks for Richárd Papp and those people who devoted their time and energy to the cinewhoop researching. Thanks for the FPV community to gather such awesome ideas. If you wanna know more about cinewhoop, click the link below to join us on Facebook.
- BEC Board is specially designed for Naked GoPro HERO which weighs about 1.5g, makes your naked GoPro lighter and easier to install on your drone.
- The BEC output voltage is 5V@2A, avoid the accident of power off which is caused by the insufficient power supply for the FC board.
- Integrated GoPro stock buttons, Power/Mode Button and Record Button
- Integrated GoPro stock LED to know the status of the camera.
- Pad is available for pilots to control the GoPro recording via the radio transmitter.
- With the pluggable connector, which is easier to connect with your flight controller for power supply and recording.
- Item: BEC Board for Naked Camera
- Weight: 1.48g
- Output: 5V@2A
- Input Voltage: 2-4S
- Connector: GH 1.25 3P Connector
Diagram of BEC Board
The two buttons on the BEC board has the same function as the stock GoPro buttons. Three actions we will use frequently.
- Power On - Press the Power/Mode button and the LED flashes three times and light off.
- Start Record - Press the Record button once and LED flashes slowly. If LED flash once and light off, it means there is no SD card.
- Stop Record - Press the Record button and LED stop slow flashing.
Under normal operation, plug the GH1.25 connector into the naked camera firstly, then connect with the battery. The LED will flash once, then you should press the Power/Mode button once in a second to power on. The LED on the BEC board has the same status as the stock LED on the GoPro mainboard.
|Indication||Button Operation||LED Status|
|Power On||Press the Power/Mode button once||Flash 3 times and light off|
|Power Off||Press the Power/Mode button for 5 seconds||Flash 7 times and light off|
|Start Record||Press the record button once||Continuously slow flash|
|Stop Record||Press the record button once||Flash 3 times and light off|
|Mode Switch||Press the Power/Mode button once||Check the mode on LCD Display|
How to Setup Remote Record
Pilot could use the switch on radio transmitter to start/stop record. Some more configuration needed.
For example, if you use F4 FC V2.0 in the drone, like the 95X whoop drone, the connection diagram is shown below. The yellow cable (FC B12 pin pad) is just for the remote record.
We use the Pinio function in Betaflight to control record. First, setup the Pinio function of the B12 pin in the FC board.
resource FLASH_CS 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 B12
set pinio_box = 40,255,255,255
Next, map one of the switch channels in your radio transmitter to this Pinio (aka USER1). As shown below, we map the AUX4 channel in the radio transmitter to USER1 Pinio. The cursor in the orange zone means button released and white zone means pressed. So keep the cursor in the orange zone in default.
Third, check if the Pinio function works. Change the switch and make the cursor move from the orange zone to the white zone, and finally back to the orange zone. Now you could check the LED status to know if the record starts. Use the same process to stop recording.
If you use the 12A F4 AIO FCboard, like the 85X whoop drone, you will use the LED_STRIP pin (aka A08 pin pad) for the Pinio function.
resource LED_STRIP 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 A08
set pinio_box = 40,255,255,255
Parts of Naked Camera Series
We know some of the pilots might have a question about how to get the case for the naked GoPro or some might wanna grab the GoPro Lite Camera directly. Here we provide some more choices for your better installation. You can also find the STL File for Naked Camera Series here.
- Beta95X for Naked Camera
- Beta85X for Naked Camera
- BEC Board for Naked Camera
- Case for Naked Camera
- Customized Naked Camera
How to Disassemble GoPro HERO6 Black
Special thanks to JONAH BLAESER who provided the method of disassembling GoPro HERO6 Black. If you are interested, please check the link to know the specific steps to make your own naked GoPro.
Note: Do this at your own risk. You will lose your GoPro’s warranty and you may end up bricking the camera if something goes wrong. This guide is not authorized by GoPro and your camera is not guaranteed to work afterward. BETAFPV will not be held responsible for this action.
- 1 * BEC Board for Naked Camera
- 1 * H1.25 Power Cable (80mm 30AWG)